REQUEST & BOOK
Bike holidays in Salzburgerland
Cycling in the mountainous surroundings, offers many possibilities. Will you cycle on the Großglockner, overcome with your mountainbike dirt trails or cycle a round (even on an electric bicycle) around Lake Zell?
Zell am See-Kaprun is a bike region in Salzburger Land that you can explore from spring into autumn. Here are just some of the reasons this area is so great:
- Mountain bike trail network: 230 km, 16,000 m elevation gain
- Mountain bike tours: 30 tours (4 easy/14 medium/12 difficult) from 3 km to 27 km
- Freeride trails on the Kitzsteinhorn: Geissstein Trail (3.1 km), Wüstlau Trail (7.7 km), Bachler Trail (5.2 km) – starting from the Alpine Centre (free bike transport)
- Bikepark Maiskogel: a 15-minute walk from Hotel Kaprun: 2,000 m2 with drops, steep turns, pro-line, kicker, pump track, open area with obstacles
- Sport events in the region: Bike Infection, Ironman, Glocknerkönig, Bike Four Peaks, Schmitten Uphill, Hundstoa Biag Di
The best thing about mountain biking in Zell am See-Kaprun: the fascinating landscape and amazing views are always your companion, making a bike trip in Kaprun an impressive sightseeing tour through the Austrian Alps.
We provide free cycling maps.